CHURCH HISTORY

 

Kansas City Community Church

was founded in 1911 as a rescue mission for unwed teen mothers. This social service ministry eventually became the mission-centered Freeman Avenue Church of God, located at 1060 Freeman Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas. Several pastors led the congregation over the years.

The church began to outgrow its old location, so in 1998, Freeman Avenue Church of God acquired a deserted bowling alley and converted it into a worship center. On New Year’s Eve 1998, Freeman Avenue Church of God became Kansas City Community Church, and moved into its current location at 5901 Leavenworth Road, Kansas City, KS in July 2000. Since that time, our church has continued to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

  • Our Mission: Is to turn unbelievers into believers and believers into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
  • Our Motto: Is to bring light into darkness through love, acceptance and forgiveness.